General Dentistry is an important part of overall health, as maintaining a healthy mouth can help prevent other illnesses. Poor oral hygiene has been linked to an increased risk of heart disease and stroke, diabetes, as well as certain types of cancers. Additionally, dental problems can negatively affect self-esteem and even a person’s ability to chew properly. A general dentist is the first line of defense when it comes to preventing these issues from occurring in the first place.
What is General Dentistry?
General dentistry is a branch of dentistry that focuses on the overall care and maintenance of oral health, rather than specializing in one particular field. General dentists provide routine checkups, cleanings, fillings, crowns, bridges and other restorative treatments to keep mouths healthy. They are also trained to diagnose problems like gum disease and cavities as well as perform root canals and extractions when necessary. In addition to preventive care, general dentists often offer cosmetic procedures such as teeth whitening and veneers for those looking to improve their smile. By visiting your general dentist regularly for routine exams, you can maintain a healthy mouth and ensure any potential issues are caught early on.
General Dentistry Procedures
Modern dentistry offers a wide range of services to make sure your teeth stay healthy, function well and look great. These procedures include:
- Cleanings & Oral Exams, to keep your teeth and gums healthy, and catch early signs of dental disease
- Crowns & Bridgework, to replace lost tooth structure and/or missing teeth
- Dental Implants, for replacement teeth that last forever
- Extractions, to remove unhealthy teeth that cannot be saved
- Fillings, to restore decayed teeth
- Oral Cancer Screenings, to detect a dangerous disease that can be cured if caught early
- Orthodontics, to give you the straight teeth you’ve always wanted
- Removable Dentures, to help you smile again
- Root Canal Treatment, to rescue diseased teeth
- Sealants, to help prevent cavities
- TMD Treatment, for pain in the jaw area that can interfere with biting and chewing
- Tooth Decay Prevention, so you keep your natural teeth as long as possible
When to Visit the Dentist
It is unfortunate that many people only visit the dentist when they have a problem. Regular dental check-ups are important to detect and treat oral health issues such as tooth decay and oral cancer. Some people may need to see the dentist more frequently than others, but everyone should have at least one dental visit per year to prevent discomfort and expense in the future.
Make sure to attend your regular dental visits which will include a comprehensive oral examination to assess the health of your gums and teeth. Additionally, an oral cancer screening will be conducted to detect any potentially worrying symptoms at an early stage. A professional cleaning will also be performed to eliminate any tough deposits and leave your teeth feeling and looking great. By not skipping out on these visits, you and your loved ones can enjoy the numerous advantages that general dentistry can provide.
Our Best Services
Book An Appointment
Book a visit to Apex Dental & Implant Centre, simply fill out the form below and we will contact you back regarding the intervention you require.